- Carrots & radishes
- Peppers (all kinds)
- Summer Squash
- Green Beans
- Winter squash
- Dried herbs
- White potatoes and sweet potatoes
- Garlic & onions
- Hard fruit (apples, pears)
General rule of thumb:
- A good rule of thumb: donate only produce which you would purchase for your own family.
- Vegetables should be free of dirt and mud.
- Vegetables should not be insect ridden, have serious bruising, or splitting.
- Do not mix vegetables. It takes time for volunteers to sort and repackage them.
- Preferred packaging methods: clam shells or zip-lock bags. Portion sizes should be good for a family of 4.
- Label produce so families and volunteers know what it is.