The Arlington Food Assistance Center’s “Plot Against Hunger” program will host a Spring Garden Kickoff on Saturday, February 10th from 9 a.m. to 12 noon. The event will take place at St. Andrew’s Episcopal Church, 4000 Lorcom Lane, Arlington, VA 22207, home of AFAC’s largest Plot Against Hunger garden.
The Kickoff will feature:
· Information about how Plot Against Hunger gardens provide fresh produce for AFAC clients and how to start one yourself
· Short presentations on techniques for starting a garden, irrigation/mulching, pest control, and safe body mechanics for gardeners
· Displays on compost bins, container and window sill gardening, cold frames, growing mushrooms, and more
· Hands-on tables to practice basic gardening skills
· Exhibit tables for Northern Virginia Extension Service, 4-H in the Schools, Master Gardeners, and other local organizations
Free vegetables and herb seeds, seed pots and trays, coffee grounds and other compost, and containers for packaging produce donations will be available to AFAC gardeners.
Light refreshments will be served.
All are welcome. RSVP to https://afac.org/spring-garden-kickoff