Arlington Friends of Urban Agriculture invites you to our next public meeting at Ashlawn Elementary School (5850 8th Road N, Arlington) on Thursday, April 11th, 6:30-8:30pm.
The theme of the event is “Growing the Next Generation of Urban Farmers”, an in-depth discussion on future urban farmers in the area and how children, students, families, teachers, schools, PTAs, and communities can increase local food production and consumption.
We will have panelists leading a discussion on student involvement, nutrition, and comprehensive curriculum development. We will also have hands-on activities for children and young families.
Our host and MC: Joan Horwitt, Reevesland Learning Center and Lawns 2 Lettuce 4 Lunch
- Pamela Hess, Executive Director, Arcadia Center for Sustainable Food and Agriculture
- Sarah Holway, Education Director and Co-founder, DC Greens
- Reggie Morris, Unit Coordinator Extension Agent, 4-H Youth Development, Virginia Cooperative Extension
- Raena Mitchell, Children’s Garden Liaison, Alexandria City Public Schools
- Christy Przystawik, Outdoor Classroom Coordinator, Campbell ES-Arlington