Updated: July 26, 2021
Summer is heating up and so is our need for garden volunteers! Sign up is required for all. When you sign up, please read special safety measures and other requirements for each opportunity.
- Rock Spring Church produce bagging site. The Rock Spring Church produce bagging site receives donated produce and distributes it to local food pantries. It is open on Mondays 1:00pm – 3:00pm in May & July, and Mondays & Thursdays 1:00pm – 3:00pm in August through October. Sign up here.
- TJ Middle School garden. TJ Middle School garden hosts Saturday morning garden work days 9:00am – 11:00am. Sign up here.
- Tuckahoe Elementary School garden. Tuckahoe Elementary School garden has work days Mondays at 9:00am – 11:00am when they harvest and Wednesdays 4:00pm – 7:00pm. Sign up here.
- St. Andrew’s Church garden. St. Andrew’s Episcopal Church “Garden for Hope” is always looking for volunteers. Work days are usually on Saturdays at 9:00am. Volunteers are also needed on Tuesdays and Thursdays to water the garden. Sign up here.
- Yorktown High School garden. Please email Nate Hankins if you would like to volunteer email@example.com.
- Walter Reed Garden (2040 S Walter Reed Dr). Volunteers work two mornings a week, usually Tuesday and Friday, but we are flexible to respond to weather and harvest schedules. We also need volunteers for one-off projects, which can be scheduled on a weekend. For more information on volunteering, please email Susanna Mcilwaine firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Project HUG. The Highlands Urban Garden located in Virginia Highlands Park is looking for volunteers, especially from the nearby neighborhoods. Sign up here.
Clarendon United Methodist Church. Volunteers typically meet around 8 AM on Saturdays at the corner of Ivy and 6th. Sign up here.
- Fairlington Farmers Market. Volunteer at the farmers market by sending an email to email@example.com for more info.
- Gleaning. We offer gleaning opportunities at local farms. If you would like to glean, indicate you would like to glean by signing up here.
If you would like to sign up for our general volunteer list, click here.